My order arrived in a bubble-wrap lined mailer. Since discovering Bricks & Pieces I've placed several orders and all of them shipped in a similar fashion. I'm not sure if very large orders would ship in a box or if all ship this way.
Its easy to find pick out lots of minifigure parts. I usually pick out too many and then have to remove some from my cart.
Pictured are the torso's and legs that I ordered. On the top left we have Catwoman's torso from Classic TV Series Batcave set #76052. Neither her hairpiece or face were available. In green we have the Riddler's torso and legs from the same set.
The black and blue torso belongs to Blue Beetle from Scarecrow: Harvest of Fear set #76054. I really like the colors and printing and think that the torso may be interesting to use in sci-fi space mocs.
The torso with the sweater is from Fun in the Park: City People Pack set #60134.
In red we have a female red torso from a Nexo Knight set. If I remember correctly it is the torso of Lavaria. It is available in Jestro's Volcano Lair set #70323 (and I think several others). The legs are also from Nexo Knights sets. They should be useful for monsters.
I love collecting printed parts for use in future builds.
I only bought four of the small 1x1 printed tiles of each Nexo Knight. I need to buy the others in future orders. The blue one takes me back to my childhood with the Falcon Knights (although there are slight differences I'm sure).
I love those goofy round 2x2 printed tiles (also from Nexo Knights sets).
My minifigure head collection has grown a lot since I returned to LEGO as an adult. I love having mixing and matching heads and hairpieces to make new characters. I always buy extra for my son and friends.
I tried to create columns of each head. In each column I tried to turn 1x backwards to display its alternate printing if its double sided. Either Lance Richmond's head is not double sided or I forgot to turn one backwards.
Top row: From left to right we have 4x Nexo Knight: Chef Eclair heads (set 70317), 2x Lance Richmond heads (70312), 1x Axl head (70322), 1x Ava Prentice head (70324), 2x Queen Halbert heads (set 70325).
2nd row: six different enemy heads from various Nexo Knights sets. The first two have printing on the back but its not an alternate expression (as you can see in the photo). The remaining four each have slightly different expressions on the back).
Bottom row: 6x lady face with glasses (set 60134), 6x Louis Tulley heads (75827). In set #75827 Louis Tulley is seen with two different faces so I assumed that it is double sided. I wanted the other face. Apparently it is NOT double sided. *Bummer. 4x Jestro heads (Nexo Knight 70316), 6x man with mustache heads (set 60134), 6x Moltor heads (70313) which has back printing but its not an alternate expression, 6x Aaron Fox heads with beaming smile and freckles (set 70313).
*I'm listening to a Jangbricks review while writing this to discover the truth behind the Louis Tulley head.*
Update: Louis Tulley has 2x different heads in the set. One is double sided and one is not. Thanks Jang!
From left to right: Classic Joker (from TV series Batcave) different green than previous Joker minifigures), white hairpiece (set 60134), Beast/prince hair (Belle's Enchanted Castle 41067), white long hair (librarian 75827), Dark Brown long
From left to right:
New hoods with "elf" ears!
- Blue (Medium Azur) Mini doll wig, hood w/ears No.2 design #26543 from Elves: set #41180 used for Naida minifigure.
- Magneta (BR.red-viol.) Mini doll wig, hood w/ears No.1 design #26536 from Elves: set #41179 used for Azari minifigure. NOTE each hood has different skin tone colors and a different design on the top of the hood
- Orange (BR orange) Hood for Cloak design #98011 (set 76058) used for Hobgoblin minifig
- Silver (Silver Met.) Mini crash helmet design #30124 from various sets and available in lots of colors
- Silver (Silver Met.) Mini Visor No. 4 (design #22400) from Nexo Knight set #70314 used for Macy Halbert minifig
- Purple (Medium Lavendel) Top Hat - Mini figure (design #3878)) from Batman set #76052 used for the Penguin minifigure
- Light grey (Med. St-Grey) ninja hoods (design #96034) from Ninjago set #70590
- Dark brown (DK. brown) Peasant/Farmer cap/hood (design #4505) from set #70314
- Silver (Silver Met.) knight visor (design #22395) from Nexo Knight set #70322 used for Axl minifig
- brown/tan (DK.ora) scarecrow hat with hair (design #20606) from DC comics set #67054
- Black (Black) goblin hat /mini hat No.27 (design #18984) from Nexo Knight set #70323 used for Bookkeeper minifigure NOTE -has red ears
- Purple (BR.red-viol.) goblin hat/mini hat No.27 (design #18984) from Marvel set #76057 used for Green Goblin minifigure NOTE -has green ears (not sure of particular green color).
- Black (Black) mini helmet No. 89 (design #22425) from Nexo Knight set #70315 (and others) used for Ash Attacker minifigure
The peasant hat (farmer cap) is very useful in medieval builds. Its been around for long time and in different brown colors. I was very happy to see it re-appear in a set because I needed some.
To the best of my knowledge the top hat had only appeared in black before but its possible that I missed an appearance in a different color. I would
AND the scarecrow hat! I LOVE this hat with hair hanging down. Its been used at least once in CMF 14 for the Wacky Witch but in different colors (purple hat and grey hair). This may or may not have cost me $3.10 from Bricks & Pieces. I do love it though.
Remember the Ninja theme from the late 1990's? I remember seeing these hoods in those sets and then it was used again in some of the early Ninjago sets. I'm glad to see them re-appear again for more variety. I really liked finding it in this light grey in case I want to use them for plain grey sculptures.
It looks very nice with regular minifigures I think (not just Friends and Elves mini-dolls)
- Grey (MED. St-grey) Torso No.1 (design #24078) from Nexo Knights set #70327 used for various "bots" in the Nexo Knight theme
- Green (DK.Green) Wing for minifigure (design #93250) from Marvel: set #76059 used for Vulture minifigure (and others in the past in different colors)
- Red (BR.red) Creature Body No.26 W.arm No.1 (design #24133) from Nexo Knights set #70315 (and others) used for "scurrier" figures
- Black (Black) beard for mage (design #10052) from Ninjago set #70595 used for (is it?) Master Yang
- Green (Sand Green) Minifigure Trophy (design #90398) from Architecture: 21028
- White (White) Minifigure Trophy (design #90398) from Architecture: 21026
- Black (Black) Mini Pony Tail (design #22411) from Marvel set #76059 used for White Tiger minifigure
I love the face of this one. His looks very mischievous.
Their arms move but the hands don't come off.
There are holes on both sides of the head. In the Nexo Knight sets they are used to attach horns.
There is also a hole in the back for a tail.
Hats and hairpieces fit on these guys!
But... the shape of the body does limit which hats and hairpieces fit. As you can see this hat doesn't fit.
Note the top hat sits above the holes for horns so it works with horns. Some hair and hat pieces extend down past the holes.
I'm still waiting to get a few of the other visor parts from Nexo Knights.
The one on the right is the one that I most wanted though so I'm happy. Just a bigger more bulky visor than we've seen in the past for medieval themes.
They look nice with the shoulder armor. NOTE the shoulder armor on the left is a different color than the other.
Also there is the "hole" in the front that affects which torso may or may not look OK with the armor.
Nearly every armor piece like these that I've seen has orange on the shoulders. It was great to find some without extra colors.
Bricks & Pieces info:
- Armor (Titan. Metal) Armor No.17 (design #22402) from Nexo Knights set #70326 used for Robin Underwood minifigure
- Armor... the second armor piece is in Silver Met. color but I don't remember the set that I found it in. The design # is the same as the one above.
- Visors (Silver Met.) Mini Visor No.3 (design #22395) from Nexo Knights set #70317 used for Axl minifigure
- Visors (Silver Met.) Mini Visor No.4 (design #22400) from Nexo Knights set #70314 used for Macy Halbert minifigure
NOTE the second visor (on right) has a larger hole on top (for plumes) than visors that we've seen in the past. The traditional plumes won't fit. This one is supposed to work with Mini Pony Tail (design #22411) but I really struggled to fit it into the hole.
Helmets for army building.
I've seen these in several different colors over the years.
Grey (Silver Met.) Steel Helmet (design #30273)
NOTE this is not the super shiny color that was available years ago in Castle themes although I really like this variation.
They are also currently available in BR.Blue in Nexo Knights sets.
Thank you for reading! I've been very busy with grad school and for other reasons I'm not sure how much longer I'll continue the blog. Maybe I'll revive it in a different form in the future. Maybe not.
Comments and thoughts are always welcome. Thank you!