$14.99 retail (US)
released in 2015 (or was it late 2014?)
5 minifigures: Benny, Emmet, President Business, Ghost Vitruvius and Unikitty (sitting version with 2x expressions)
Double-Decker Couch and Emmet's compact car
I'm very pleased with this purchase! 5 minifigures (counting Unikitty), some useful parts and fun tiny car build all for only $14.99. That's only $3 per minifigure (granted I wasn't interested in all of them). I'll review the minifigures last.
-1x instruction booklet
- 4 bags (not numbered)
- No stickers
Above is the entire contents (minus instruction manual) sorted by parts type.
It takes a great deal of time for me to sort all of the parts by type but I like to think it keeps my reviews unique. All instructions booklets have a parts inventory at the end of the instructions manual but each part is only pictured once with a quantity number beside them. I like to visually see the quantity of the parts. Maybe I'm wasting my time in doing so. Anyone else find it useful that I sort all parts by type? If not maybe I should stop and spend more time building MOC's
- Vitruvius (lower half or legs if you prefer).design ID #20823
- waffle round tile 20730
- radio tile 20734
- Unikitty "eyebrow 1x3 plate 20728
- Unikitty "eyebrow 1x3 plate 20824
- Unikitty tail
-Unikitty face (crying) 1x3 brick 20729
- Unikitty face (stunned) 1x3 brick 20825
The radio tile was a nice surprise. I had no idea it existed. This is my first time finding this particular part.
I absolutely love getting two Unikitty faces in the same set. I'll compare this Unikitty to Unikitty from the Cloud Cuckoo later in the review.
My son was very excited about the waffle piece. It could be useful for creating textured details in a MOC but the set only includes one.
Vitruvius's bottom half of his robe could be used very effectively as a drape or curtain if more than one were included in the set. I doubt it would be a part to acquire cheap multiples.
- MD.Blue 2x2 tiles design ID 3068
- MD.Blue 1x2 tiles 3069
- transparent 1x1 round tiles 98138
- Black radiator grille 2412
I love getting lots of tiles in a fun color in a cheap set. This Medium blue color is one of my favorite colors of the newer colors. I know... its not incredibly new... This set includes 12 of the 2x2's and 20 of the 1x2 tiles!
- The brown ones are Red.Brown
- Grey are DK.ST.Grey
- Blue 1x2's are MD.Blue
- Blue 1x1's are AQUA
- Green round 1x1's are SPR.YELL.GREE
- pink 1x1's are LGH.Purple
- Black 1x2's
- White 1x3, 2x2's & 1x1's
- Transparent 1x2's are TR.Red
- Med.ST-Grey (light grey)
- White Angle Plate 1x2/2x2
- Black Lamp Holder
Colors shown here are as follows:
- TR.Brown (the windshield part)
I like the base part of the car. Although not necessary for building cars its useful. LEGO Bricks & Pieces lists it as Chassis 4x7 design ID 2441
Colors shown are:
- BR.Red (I always referred to it as classic or basic red)
- BR. Blue
I have no idea why I grouped these together. Maybe because they both have holes? Maybe I just forgot to include them in a category?
I love the round 1x1's with holes in the stud. I hope LEGO expands the color selection of this part. These are white. I've seen them in white, black, BR.Yel (classic yellow) and New Dark Red. The design ID is 85861. LEGO lists the part as PL.ROUND 1X1 W. THROUGHG. HOLE.
- ROOF TILE 1X2/45° is LGH.Purple (light pink to me). Design ID 3040
- Cheese Wedge (ROOF TILE 1X1X2/3, ABS) is BR.Purple. Design ID 54200
- 3x of the cheese wedges are black
- ROOF TILE 2X1X2 is black (tall slope)
- Unikitty horn's are LGH.ROY.Blue. Design ID 89522 and the set includes an extra! (total of 2)
- Sausage and construction hat are BR.Red (classic red). The design ID for the hat is 3833
- Vitruvius's lolly is TR.BR.Green. Design ID 10178 and is referred to as "Moonstone". Remember these from the Monster Fighter theme?
Above: Fun picture to illustrate scale of Emmet's car. Please NOTE: that not all items shown come with the Double-Decker Couch set. Unikitty's head and Emmet in the truck are from Cloud Cuckoo Palace 70803. The truck is from Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas 76026. I'll compare the Emmet minifigures later in the review.
Wouldn't it be fun to create different versions of this car for different characters? Same basic build but modified to match different characters.
How I wish it had been the hat piece that has hair. The design ID for the hat that I'm referring to is 16175
Here's the window removed to show the radio tile (Design ID 20734)
Double-Decker Couch can easily be converted into 2x regular couches!
Double-Decker Couch finished build
Very similar to the top half.
Only one construction hat is included in the set.
Total of 2x Unikitty heads (both different)
Here she is. I LOVE the 2x expressions!
There are a lot of extra Unikitty parts! With one more ear (cheesewedge) and a white 1x3 one has a complete extra head!
Notice I changed the head.
Poor thing. Her tail fell off.
The opposite of happy
Above: comparison to earlier version from Cloud Cuckoo Palace #70803
Love the very happy face. Really I would like to have 5 more of these faces.
Benny has a double sided head. The alternate expression is shown below.
This is my first Benny minifigure so I can't adequately compare him to other Benny minifigures.
I THINK this is the 3rd set that Benny is available in and its by far the cheapest way to get him.
Benny is also available in:
- Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! #70816 (retail $99.99)
- MetalBeard's Sea Cow #70810 (retail $249.99)
torso has no back printing
I knew that it was made to appear broken but it was my first time seeing it up close.
Left minifigure is from Cloud Cuckoo Palace 70803
Right minifigure is from Double-Decker Couch 70818
Unless I'm missing something the only difference is the faces.
The second photo shows the alternate expression of each.
Link to comparison of Cloud Cuckoo Palace, Blind bag and Getaway Glider Emmet minifigure
Link to Lord Business Evil Lair minifigure review
Same torso, legs and hair piece as all other versions (to the best of my knowledge). So the only difference is the head (expressions).
Lord Business adds the crazy hat and boots (see my link above of the Lord Business Evil Lair review for more information).
I love the expression on this face.
This is his third appearance in a LEGO set (4th if you count the exclusive variant Vitruvius offered in the "Everything is Awesome" edition of the movie)
- Lord Business Evil Lair 70809
- MetalBeard's Sea Cow 70810
To the best of my knowledge there are currently 3 different Vitruvius minifigures. Young Vitruvius (movie exclusive), Vitruvius with jeans and blind (available in 70809 & 70810) and Ghost Vitruvius.
I can't tell any difference in this cape and the cape from Lord Business Evil Lair 70809.
A photo of Vitruvius from 70809 can be seen here at this link
- Much cheaper way to get Vitruvius than other sets
- Includes his "staff" accessory and cape
- Love the "leg" part. Its printed on a 2x2x1 but not a slope part like most robe "legs". The design ID is 20823. The part is exclusive to this set.
- Does not include his great beard and hairpiece.
- Does not include his face (this one is solid black).
-Both the torso and "legs" are different than other versions.
Very good value for collector of LEGO Movie minifigure's. Unless you already have these characters in minifigure form and aren't interested in variants or different faces.
- x5 figures for $14.99
- Exclusive expressions for Unikitty (2x expressions)
- Unikitty and Benny for a very low price (compared to other sets)
- Did I mention I finally have Benny without paying a $10 or more for him?
- Interesting car build
- Interesting couch build
- lots of MD.Blue (light blue) tiles
- Alternate faces of President Business, Benny and Emmet
- Vitruvius "leg" part (design ID 20823)
- printed tile for radio
- Many may already have these characters and not want duplicates or be interested in slight variants
- Vitruvius is very different (most will probably prefer the other Vitruvius versions)
- Yet another Emmet. I'm sure most have several already. On a positive note they can easily be converted into construction workers by changing out the head and hairpiece.
Thank you for reading! Thank you to my subscribers and followers! Please check back for LEGO and general toy news and reviews.
Notice any mistakes within my post? Feel free to comment or write.