Thursday, July 18, 2013

LEGO Adventure Time

Regular size with minifigures

micro size with microfigures
I LOVE this! The Tree Fort looks great. This would be so much fun to build. The colors look great.

jazlecraz has submitted this a LEGO Cuusoo project. (If you aren't familiar with LEGO Cuusoo read bottom of post) My favorite thing about this project is the Tree Fort itself. I do like the characters but its just difficult to translate some of them to LEGO form although jazlecraz has done an excellent job.

Of the regular size minifigures (top photo) my favorites are Finn and BMO. I do really like Marceline's legs (longer like Toy Story character Woody's legs from previous sets).

Of the micro size (microfigures) my favorites are Marceline, Ice King, Princess Bubblegum & Jake. Finn looks cool as a microfigure but I like the others better.

Either size Tree Fort would be so much fun to build and display even without the figures.

LEARN MORE about this proposed set and VOTE to SUPPORT jazlecraz's project HERE

What is Cuusoo? (the following was taken from the Cuusoo homepage)
"1.Have an Idea?
      Create a Project, share your product concept, and see what other people think.
2. Get 10,000 Supporters
      Projects with 10,000 supporters are reviewed quarterly by LEGO for a chance to become an
      official LEGO product.
3. Receive Royalty
      If your project passes review and is chosen for production, you will receive 1% of the total net sales 
      of the product. See the guidelines for more details."

UPDATE June 2014:
Unfortunately jazlecraz's Adventure Time project was not chosen in the Winter 2014 Review. As of now it will not be created for LEGO company. Instead LEGO Ideas (once known as Cuusoo... now called LEGO Ideas) chose a proposal from a previous review. The chosen set was created by Ellen Kooijman. I believe it was originally titled Female Minifigure Set but my sources tell me that the official title will be Research Institute. I applaud Ellen Kooijman for her great idea and clever building skills but I am disappointed that the Adventure Time set was not chosen. On a positive note if proposals from previous reviews can be chosen perhaps someday they will still chose jazlecraz's Adventure Time set. Fingers crossed.

Here is a link to the Winter 2014 LEGO Ideas review results

Thank you for reading. Be sure to check back for more LEGO news and general toy information. Thank you to my subscribers.

No comments:

Post a Comment