Wednesday, July 17, 2013

LEGO 79001 Escape from Mirkwood

Tauriel
Legolas Greenleaf
Fili the Dwarf
Kili the Dwarf
 LEGO minifigures from 79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders (The Hobbit)
At the moment all figures are exclusive to this set with the exception of Legolas (sort of). Legolas is also available in 9473 Mines of Moria BUT it is a different version of him. The hairpiece is the same and the bow (weapon) but his torso, legs and even his face is different (slight... I didn't notice it at first).

I was confused about the inclusive of a Legolas figure after noticing that this is a Hobbit scene and not from The Lord of the Rings. Online sources reveal that Legolas will appear in either The Hobbit part II or part III (maybe both?) source

Here's a trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug trailer link . I can't wait to see the full film.

I love the detailed printing of all 4 figures. All 4 figures have double sided faces and back printing. Legolas looks great (although I may prefer the Mines of Moria version slightly better). I love the details of Tauriel's clothing. I especially like her face. Both Fili and Kili have great details on their torsos as well. I really like the torso of Fili. It would be great to use to make other figures. Kili's even has a green hood on the back of his torso. What I don't like is the legs of the dwarfs. I can't stand the legs that they use for all dwarf minifigures. The torsos, heads and arms are normal size but the legs are smaller? I know they've been used many times by LEGO for kids, dwarfs and even Spongebob but I can't stand them. They don't bend and they are out of proportion with the rest of the figure.

Overall its an interesting set. The set contains very detailed and exclusive figures. Four figures + 2 giant spiders (brick build... and not pictured) plus trees (yawn) with several interesting LEGO elements (pieces) at a retail price of $29.99. LEGO shop link

No comments:

Post a Comment